Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It wouldn't hurt, would it?

Every start of the year, I list the things that I plan to do, but don't end up doing in the end. But still, what could be wrong with laying things out, right?

  1. A little attitude adjustment. I noticed that I get so pissed off easily. Like, I'm a freakin' ticking bomb; press one wrong button and you can send me off exploding in your face. So yes, I need to change this because it's immature. It's okay to show a little emotion but hey, I can't always show it. There's a right time and right place (and right people) for it. I need to learn to bottle it up, just suck it up and plaster a freakin' smile on my face. Because that's the grown up thing to do.
  2. Balance saving and spending. Ahhh, this elusive ability. It's not like I tried... I have, really. But by the end of the year, I lose track of everything because of impromptu travels, impulsive buys, etcetera, etcetera. My uncle taught me something: Out of your salary, take 20% off of it - that's your savings, take 10% - that's for charity or church, the rest is your spending allowance. Doesn't sound so bad, right?
  3. No excuses, no regrets. Ever since I was a child, I remember having a retort for everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. It was cute for a two year old. But that talent developed into something that's not so cute at all: I had an excuse for everything. Forgot to do the laundry? I was so tired because of work. Forgot to pay the bills? I had a lot of things on my plate, give me a break. Forgot to greet my uncle? Well, he forgot my birthday too. I mean, come on Pao, you're a grown up, you have responsibilities. I get it that you get tired too, but don't all people do? And do you see them forgetting to pay the bills. Just... Man up, grow up, quick!
  4. Unhinge and detach. This has always been an inert fault of mine. When I get close to people, I get so naggy and clingy and just plain awful. I know that this is the main reason why most of my relationships do not work: I nag people into unloving me. I am in love with a wonderful man and I don't want to screw it up because I think he might be the one (insert more cheesiness here). It's just that I think I'm fine when I'm on my own, but when I enter into a relationship, something ticks in me that turns me into a "scary version of myself" (Emma, No Strings Attached). I'm lucky to have this person who puts up with my tantrums, but I have to make myself better for this to last.


Now playing: John Mayer - Why Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment