Friday, July 13, 2012

Fast f*-ck/ct-s

Let's face it. I'm not really the type that anyone could vow loving for a long time. And by anyone I meant someone other than my family because families have that built-in function for their kin, you know, like an auto-love forever function, and by loving I meant still managing to see the good in me/people even if I'm/they're terribly annoying/PMS-ing. Yup, I realized that I'm not that person, I'm never going to be that person for anyone (refer to this article's definition, please). So here I am, trying to make the best of the lemons in my hands. Given the equation, the lack of that "oooh I just gotta love that girl" factor, I think that it's pretty safe to stay in this corner. This one, where I do well at work, I have an ample amount of money with which I can enjoy life with, and where I don't bother about romantic entanglements. Because I've tried, really. I'm gone out of my comfort zone, bruised my ego and all that, and nothing worked. Which, if we were in a movie, would be this sign, this shout-out from a higher being (I choose God, by the way) that says YOU ARE NOT CUT OUT FOR ROMANTIC LOVE!!!! And I get it, you know. I don't think I am cut out for it too. I'm pretty contented with being on my own, doing well in my profession, and just... being free and happy.

I hear a "Love conquers all" and an "All you need is love" and oh, a "Don't give up, you'll find him. And when you do, it's going to be all worth it."

I hear you. But you know, I don't believe that all of those can apply to everyone. I mean, every rule has an exception, right? I think I'm it. Because see, when I look into it, take in the pro's and the con's, weigh the happiness versus the sadness of being heartbroken, I'd take solitude any day. Because really, the possibility of happiness (just a possibility, mind you, and not a huge one at that) is a terrible excuse for sadness.

"There’s a reason I said I’d be happy alone. It wasn’t because I thought I would be happy alone. It was because I thought if I loved someone and then it fell apart, I might not make it. It’s easier to be alone. Because what if you learn that you need love? And then you don’t have it. What if you like it? And lean on it? What if you shape your life around it? And then it falls apart? Can you survive that kind of pain? Losing love is like organ damage. It’s like dying. The only difference is, death ends. This? It could go on forever."
-- Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy: Unaccompanied Minor

No comments:

Post a Comment