Monday, July 30, 2012

Ze Weekend Appreciation Post

I hated the weekends. I know, it sounds weird. And maybe "hate" is not exactly the term. I just don't adore it as much as normal people do. My weird disliking for it may have rooted from my mom nagging me to clean my room every fucking weekend. In our household, reading a book is not exactly considered as doing something; for her, it levels with laziness and lack of drive for hygiene. But gradually, my mom lightened up, took us out to cool places (like the Japanese garden in Caliraya and her tree planting escapades with her friends, but that's some other story :p), and then I started to love it, like normal people would.

This past weekend, wasn't what you call extraordinary -- I didn't travel to a new place nor experience something new. But it was special. It was a time to rest, to enjoy some serious me time, to bond with my family and friends and to rekindle long lost friendships. I got to read a book, watch movies and series, eat what I want, dance to music, sing, play Monopoly cards, think, and just... give myself a much needed pause. Needless to say, this weekend has refreshed me, washing away this angry and bitter aura. And I'm looking forward to a calm, positive and productive week.

Happy Monday everyone! :)


Now playing: Maroon 5 - Sunday Morning

No comments:

Post a Comment