Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hexing my tresses

My hair was a virgin. I have never rebonded nor colored it before, and for as long as I can remember, it has always been this color - jet black. But last Saturday, due to, err, PMS hormones, I decided to have it colored at Bench Fix Bicutan. I figured I'd do it alone so that if ever something goes horribly wrong, no one would see it and I could simply tie my hair up in a ponytail until the color grows out. For some people, this task is something that's ordinary -- like changing clothes or brushing their teeth everyday. But for me, this is something big.

Its color was called golden brown. I was skeptical at first because 1) I'm dark-skinned and 2) the color looked like it could only work for fair-skinned people and a Jeje makeover is not on my list of to-do's. The chemicals were a bit stingy on the scalp but it's tolerable. As soon as they washed and blow-dried my hair, I began thinking "Oh God, what have I done?" It was only appeased when come Monday afternoon, my usually aloof manager surprised me with a comment: "I like what you've done with your hair." A sigh of relief. I looked alright; the world isn't going to end (lulz).

And now, for the before and after and more after pictures:
Le virgin hairzzz
After (see ze halo effect)
More after (bangs are lighter than the rest of the hair meh)

Now playing: Birdy - Comforting Sounds


4 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, glad you loved it Kookie!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Labet tu! Nakaka-light talaga ng aura ang light colored hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Salbe! :) Glad you like the results of the "de-virginization" of my hair. Lol.

      Delete