Monday, June 4, 2012

In which I tell you about my hatred for improper food packaging:

Well, the title says it all.

A while ago, I bought braised beef from Chowking. And you know what braised beef looks like, right? It's beef that's tender and has carrots in it and it has sauce. Yes, sauce. And when you have a thing, a meal like that, naturally, you put it in a bowl to prevent the sauce from spilling. But alas, Chowking has other ideas about packing food with sauces. They packed it like it's dry, like it's chicken and rice, like it doesn't have sauce in it that might spill. I mean... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE? Do not they know that people first eat with their eyes and then with their mouths? I am not expecting topnotch plating here. All I really want is to have my food properly packaged. But braised beef in a flat styro? Have they lost their common sense? All they have to do is to put the meal in one of those styro bowls similar to where they package noodles, but they can't do that. Why? Are they too busy thinking about ridiculous products like that mantao, trying so hard to be a burger and/or a sandwich? The worst part of it all is that the braised beef tasted like rubber with really very salty sauce. Nothing is redeemable. This is not the Chowking that I liked when I was younger. This is not it. Because now, it's just another dirty fast food that's too lazy to think about customer satisfaction.

3 comments:

  1. Nagmahal pa nyan ang Chowking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuh. Nagmahal pero low quality for the food and packaging. BTW, thanks for backreading!! :)

      Delete