Friday, June 1, 2012

I said I'm sorry momma, I didn't mean to buy all these things.


I have been staring at the screen for the past five minutes, trying to think of a witty way to start this blog. BUT I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO GET AROUND IT.

So here goes something quick: School supplies and books are my addiction. Even if I don't need them, I buy them. Even if I only have enough money for food, I'd gladly go hungry just so I can buy a pen, a notebook, a book -- just anything that screams school. The upside of this obsession slash compulsion is that on special occasions, you could easily wrap me a tattered notebook or a cute pen or a book and I'd be happy as a puppy. The downside is that on dates, you can never ever bring me to a bookstore, especially when I'm particularly vulnerable (like when I'm about to have my period or when I feel like a whale). Plus, if you're a relative or a housemate, you'd probably be angry at me on a quarterly basis because of a pile of unused stuff in our bedroom.

One day, some day, I foresee myself as this little old deaf lady who you can't converse with because she couldn't fit her hearing aide in her tote which is full of -books and pens. Oh well.


Now playing: John Mayer - Dreaming With A Broken Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment